Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Cabbage Wrap

The 'January Kings' that I sited on my hügelkultur started off with great promise. But as summer progressed they just sat, unblinking, hidebound. Above was the biggest - a scant 6 inches in diametre. I realize (a couple of mushroom blooms was a clue), that I didn't get a good balance of composting material in the mound and it must be too acidic. Something I am currently trying to redress.
The row of 'de Wädenswil' cabbages did very well in another part of the garden and I've got two 3 litre crocks of sauerkraut fermenting in the potting shed.

No comments: