Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Too Few Foot Candles


I've lifted all the garlic, which I got in trade from Patrick, after the rust had taken over and put an end to any more growth. The Red Toch (above) do look presentable but Metechi were all quite small and miserable so I will probably use whole bulbs in with roast potatoes etc rather than try to fiddle with peeling each clove. I'd like to blame the lack of sun here - but probably somebody has got a bumper crop to show me up to be just an inept farmer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mines coming out too now. 1500 bulbs doesn't happen in a day, so probably by next week it'll all be out.

I saw you discussing milk with Laura of Mas du Diable. Søren used milk this year against garlic rust, apparently with quite a bit of success. I think I'm going to try it next year.